The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Foundation will be handing out $20,000 worth of scholarships to 10 local, college-bound students at a luncheon Sunday at the International Polo Club.
Each of the students were nominated by a PBSO deputy, and all 10 will receive a $2,000 scholarship to help pay for their freshman year of college. The luncheon starts at 12:30
The scholarship program for the foundation is now in its third year and organizers have given out $80,000.
The foundation is a non-profit charity designed to help underprivileged youth. In addition to the scholarships, it hosts events like “Shop with a Cop.”
The students receiving scholarships are:
- Randi Goldman, Santaluces Community High School, Valencia College
- Tyrielle Jarmon, Palm Beach Gardens Community High School, Florida State University
- Jocabed Martinez, Pahokee High School, University of Florida
- Sydney McTier, Palm Beach Lakes Community High School, Florida A&M University
- Lissett Paniagua, Pahokee High School, Florida State University
- Tyler Reis, Royal Palm Beach Community High School, Palm Beach State College
- Juanye Samuels, Glades Central Community High School, Fort Valley State University
- Herlandes Sebastien, Santaluces Community High School, Palm Beach State College
- Teon Smith, Palm Beach Lakes Community High School, Morehouse College
- Vincent Weiss, Park Vista Community High School, University of North Florida